Saturday, May 30, 2009

New installation: ".htaccess: order not allowed here" error log

From: http://drupal.org/node/82051

I am trying to install Drupal 4.7.3 following the instructions at http://drupal.org/INSTALL.txt

I've 'tar'red the files and changed $db_url in settings.php. I've created the files directory and chmod 777'd it. When I load the drupal directory in the browser I get:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, X and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/1.3.34 Server at www.X.co.uk Port 80

I don't own the server but can access the error log:

[Sat Sep 2 14:46:28 2006] [alert] [client x.x.x.x] /home/X/public_html/drupal/.htaccess: order not allowed here

The relevant (I think) part of httpd.conf says:


AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec

Order allow,deny
Allow from all


Order deny,allow
Deny from all

I can make .htaccess files work fine on the server. Might it be relevant that php safe mode is on (I am the 'owner' of all the files)?

I seem to have fallen at the first hurdle! Please help...

  • เป็นปัญหาเกี่ยวกับไฟล์ .htaccess
  • ทดสอบลบไฟล์นี้ออกก็ติดตั้งได้แหละ แต่คงไม่ใช่วิธีแก้ปัญหาที่ถูกต้องอ่ะนะ
  • /var/log/apache2/error.log

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts